THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
Homefront Health Care maintains certain information in your client record regarding your treatment and services you receive from us. This information constitutes protected health information as defined in the Privacy Rule of the Administrative Simplifications provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. Homefront may use and disclose this information for purposes of providing you treatment, obtaining payment for your care, and conducting health care operations. Homefront has established policies to guard against unnecessary disclosure of your health information.
The following is a summary of the circumstances under which and purposes for which your health information may be used and disclosed.
- To Provide Treatment — The Agency may use your health information to coordinate your care within our organization and with others involved with your care. Examples include physicians, family members, pharmacists, suppliers of medical equipment, or other health care professionals.
- To Obtain Payment — Homefront may include your health information in invoices to collect payment from third parties for the care you receive from Homefront.
- To conduct Health Care Operations — Homefront may use and disclose your health information in order to facilitate our internal operations, to provide you with quality health care and when required to do so. These health care operations include activities such as:
- Quality assessment and improvement activities
- Activities designed to improve health or reduce health care costs.
- Protocol development, case management, and care coordination.
- Contacting health care providers and clients with information about treatment alternatives and other related functions that do not include treatment.
- Professional review and performance evaluation.
- Training programs including those in which students, trainees or practitioners in health care learn under supervision.
- Training of non-health care professionals.
- Accreditation, certification, licensing or credentialing activities.
- Review and auditing, including compliance reviews, medical reviews, legal services and compliance programs.
- Business planning and development including cost management and related planning analysis.
- Business management and general administrative activities of our organization.
- Fundraising for the benefit of Homefront. We may use your name, address, phone number and dates of care in order to contact you. If you do not wish to be contacted, you may call the office secretary at 401-751-3152 to indicate that you do not want us to contact you.
- For appointment reminders.
- For treatment alternatives.
The following is a summary of additional circumstances under which and purposes for which your health information may also be released and disclosed.
- When legally required.
- When there are risks to public health, Homefront may disclose your health information in order to:
- Prevent or control disease.
- Report adverse events or product defects.
- Notify a person who has been exposed to a communicable disease or who may be at risk of contracting or spreading a communicable disease.
- To report abuse, neglect or domestic violence.
- To conduct health care oversight activities.
- To coroners, medical examiners, and funeral directors.
- For organ, eye or tissue donation.
- For research purposes. This would not be done without your permission unless all data identifying you is deleted.
- In the event of a serious threat to health or safety.
- For specified government functions.
- For workers’ compensation.
AUTHORIZATION TO USE OR DISCLOSE HEALTH INFORMATION.
Other than stated above, Homefront will not disclose your health information other than with your written authorization. If you or your representative authorizes Homefront to use or disclose your health information, you may revoke that authorization in writing at any time.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO HEALTH INFORMATION
You have the following rights regarding your health information that Homefront maintains.
You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your health information. If you wish to request a restriction, please contact your Nurse Manager.
You have the right to request confidential communications. If you wish to receive confidential communications, please contact your Nurse manager. Homefront will honor all reasonable requests for confidential communication.
You have the right to inspect and copy your health information. A request may be made to your Nurse Manager. Homefront reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
You have the right to amend your health information if you believe that your health information is not accurate. You must make a written request to your Nurse Manager.
You have the right to an accounting of the disclosures that have been made of your health information for certain reasons.
You have the right to a paper copy of this notice. Please make the request to your Nurse Manager. A copy of these privacy policies is also posted on our web site at www.homefront.org.
You have the right to express complaints to Homefront and to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, please send the complaint in writing to the Privacy Officer at Homefront Health Care at 725 Branch Ave., Suite 214, Providence, RI 02904
You will be notified in writing of any changes in these privacy policies.
The effective date of these privacy policies is April 14, 2003.